[exim] Mail System configuration

Author: gascione
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Mail System configuration

In an effor to clean up we have tried to document what our mail system
currently looks like and what the exim configuration is and what it
does.

After looking at this for quite some time I decided to post this to the
forum and see if anyone has an interest in helping me review it, comment
on it, of just use it for that matter.

We struggled with so many configurations trying to make a dent in the
hundreds of thousands of SPAM messages received daily for our
customers. We had duked it out with grey listing and that worked well
except we could not handle the customer complaints.

We tried DynaStop and between DynaStop and our exim configuration right
now we are pretty much at the same levels as we were when using grey
listing however there are no customer complaints.

Matthias has done a incredible job at modifying and adjusting DynaStop
for our real world several thousand customer environment. This is a big
product in the fight against SPAM. Dont' overlook it. configured
properly it hammers the bad guys.

Anyway, dont' be cruel, it's just our attempt to configure exim and our
mail systems to work efficiently.

The code blocks are just the ones we have been arranging and modifying.
Of course the exim config file is much larger but the other stuff is
unmodified.

Attachments are:

1. Basic mail layout
2. Mail Flow Chart
3. Corresponding Exim Code Blocks

Thanks
GA

|Filename: MailSystemLayout_3.pdf                                   |
|Download: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=220|

gascione
gascione's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=112
View this thread: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=54317