Re: [exim] Passing variables into exim?

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Passing variables into exim?
On 03/02/07, Matthew Hodgson <matthew@???> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > Are you sure that you don't want to do spam scanning with the spam condition
> > in the DATA ACL, or with SA-Exim?
>
> Yes, I /think/ so - the reason for forking a new exim and filtering
> through spamc once per recipient is so that spamassassin can use a
> different user profile for scanning each message, the theory being that
> each mail address will receive a different blend of ham/spam, and should
> evolve its own corpus and bayesian db to best analyse each message. Or
> does that sound nuts to anyone?

No - not nuts.

> I'm also not interested in rejecting spam at SMTP time.

As long as that doesn't mean you're going to bounce it later....

> Am I right in
> thinking that ACL spam scanning is incapable of making use of
> per-recipient user profiles?

No, you're not right - with the restriction that it only works with
single-reipient messages, you can use the

spam = <user>

constuct to invoke per-user profiles in SA - as long as you can
translate a recipient into a 'user'.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer