Re: [exim] default message size?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick Boutilier
A: Steven Settlemyre
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] default message size?
Steven Settlemyre wrote:
> Is there a default message size limit in exim? My exim.conf doesnt have
> the message_size_limit setting defined, but seems to be blocking mail
> around 8MB. Does this make sense. I've read on the web everything from
> 10MB to 50MB default limit. And do attachments count towards this
> message_size_limit?
>
> The web is a great place to find info, but sometimes hard to find "valid
> " info.

Yes attachments count.

From spec.txt

|message_size_limit|Use: main|Type: string*|Default: 50M|

This option limits the maximum size of message that Exim will process. The
value is expanded for each incoming connection so, for example, it can
be made
to depend on the IP address of the remote host for messages arriving via
TCP/
IP. Note: This limit cannot be made to depend on a message's sender or any
other properties of an individual message, because it has to be
advertised in
the server's response to EHLO. String expansion failure causes a temporary
error. A value of zero means no limit, but its use is not recommended.
See also
bounce_return_size_limit.

Incoming SMTP messages are failed with a 552 error if the limit is exceeded;
locally-generated messages either get a stderr message or a delivery failure
message to the sender, depending on the -oe setting. Rejection of an
oversized
message is logged in both the main and the reject logs. See also the generic
transport option message_size_limit, which limits the size of message
that an
individual transport can process.