Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 09:53 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 02/02/07, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter if the mail is forwarded. If you're sending a mail for
> > a domain which has an SPF record, and the recipient server is known to
> > be broken (i.e. reject for SPF failure even though that's stupid), and
> > if this host is not listed in the SPF records for the sender's domain,
> > then rewrite.
>
> AFAICR that's not the logic in libsrs_alt - although I stand ready to
> be corrected. I agree it's a good real-world algorithm. The OP could
> consider using your SES technique instead, he'd have more control over
> what's happening.

I'm not sure I'd advocate using my technique with it all in regexes, now
that we have 'proper' code to do it without making your eyes bleed when
you read the config file. Surely you must be able to pass it through a
router using the built-in srs facility _conditionally_?

But really, the subtext was "don't bother". If you implement SPF, it's
not your _own_ mail servers you need SRS on; it's the rest of the world.
Good luck with that :)

--
dwmw2