Re: [exim] The mystery of the changing domain

Author: Johann Spies
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] The mystery of the changing domain
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 02:09:21PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> >prg.wcape.school.za
>
> dig prg.wcape.school.za
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> prg.wcape.school.za.    84599   IN      CNAME   sun.ac.za.

> Its a CNAME - so wherever you see prg.wcape.school.za you should
> rewrite it to sun.ac.za
>
> CNAMEs and mail do not mix. In fact CNAMEs and anything do not mix.

Thanks. Although only one school complained there was another one with
the same problem and both of them had there DNS-administration done by
the same instance. They fixed the DNS-entries and we did not have any
further complains.

Regards
Johann.
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17