Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
> Yes, that is exactly the problem. I might have an answer...
>
> forwarding_router:
>   driver = redirect
>   srs = forward
>   data = $local_part@$domain
>   srs_condition = \
>     ${if and \
>       { \
>         {!eq{$sender_address}{}} \
>         {match_ip{$sender_host_address}{+relay_from_hosts}} \
>         {!match_domain{$sender_address_domain}{+relay_to_domains}} \
>       } \
>     }

> What I think I'm trying to say with the above code is:
>
> IF sender in not <> AND

> sender is someone I'd normally relay for AND
> sender's domain is a domain I don't relay for

Do these seem to be in conflict?

i.e. - if the sender's domain is not one you relay fpr, how do you know the
sender is (one you relay for?) - or 'recognize' said sender.

> THEN I'm not really acting as a relay, I'm acting more as a forwarder, so
> SRS the thing.
>
> Does that make any sense?

*snip*

Question;

- Will the $local_part and/or $domain necessarily even have been preserved?
(presuming the notes server has instigated the forwarding...or used an alias)

Or do you need some way to build a list/DB of 'who gets..(SRS applied)'.
And if so, might not that solve the problem 'up front'?

i.e. - is there perhaps some way to scan for (the equivalent of) active .forward
files and/or aliases- then pre-load them into a list/Db for Exim - prior to
encountering traffic?

IF you can query the Notes server - or whatever DB drives it - at all...

IF NOT - your Exim may remain at least partially 'blind' to external events -
regardless of logical tests.

Wonder if the Notes server could do the necessary?

JM2CW

Bill