Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??

Author: Dan_Mitton
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim users mailing list
Subject: Re: [exim] Anyone using SRS ??
YES, that's got it. Sorry, I should have realized that $local_part was
correct. I'm still new to Exim.

Ok, as to why - the Exim server is not the one doing the redirecting, a
server deeper in my network is doing it, but the Exim server is at the
edge to the internet. The inner server should/could do the rewrite there,
but it's a cooperate notes server, so it's easier to do it at the edge
Exim server. At least that's the thought, do it make any sense???

Sent by:        peeebeee@???
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

On 01/02/07, Dan_Mitton@??? <Dan_Mitton@???> wrote:

> I don't have any other redirect routers to add the 'srs = forward' line

too.
> I tried $localpoart@$domain, but get:

If you don't have redirect routers, then why do you need SRS? The
point of SRS is to substitute the return path in a forwarded message
so it matches the domain of the forwarder.

> R=forwarding_router defer (-1): failed to expand "$localpart@$domain":
> unknown variable name "localpart"

It's probably $local_part ... don't take anything I type too literally :-)

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???