Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections

Author: Vincent Danen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS errors on SMTP (non-AUTH) connections
* Peter Bowyer <peter@???> [2007-01-31 20:49:49 +0000]:

> > Not really sure why unless it's doing a sender verify and is timing out
> > because the telnet to it worked fine.
>
> There's a suspicious delay after 'RCPT TO' in their SMTP dialogue -
> probably is a callout. Try a different MAIL FROM to eliminate
> this.....

Yeah, but the RCPT TO worked fine when I did it manually (probably
annoyed some sales person); it's just when my exim tried that it
wouldn't work.

I used the same to and from addresses in both cases (obviously less
headers and text in the telnet test).

--
{FEE30AD4 : 7F6C A60C 06C2 4811 FA1C A2BC 2EBC 5E32 FEE3 0AD4}
mysql> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;