Re: [exim] MX lookups... Know feature or my misconfiguration…

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: Exim users mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] MX lookups... Know feature or my misconfiguration?
On 31/01/07, Boris Kovalenko <boris@???> wrote:
> Hello!
> > On 31/01/07, Boris Kovalenko <boris@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello!
> >>
> >>    I have problems with domain grosbein.pp.ru. The MX record points
> >> grosbein.pp.ru  mail exchanger = 20 relay2.grosbein.pp.ru.
> >> grosbein.pp.ru  mail exchanger = 5 relay.grosbein.pp.ru.

> >> my exim ignores relay2 and always trying to send mail via
> >> relay.grosbein.pp.ru (which is dead). Have I misconfigured something or
> >> this is a know feature? My enviroment is FreeBSD 5.3 with exim-4.63.
> >>

> > It should try 'relay' first, and if it can't connect there, fall back
> > to 'relay2'. That's what the MX records tell it to do.
> >
> I know what it should to do, unfortunatelly it does not.

(On-list, please)

Then I misunderstood your question. It helps if you clearly state what
you expect to happen, what actually happens, what you've tried, what
the logs say, etc. That way you'll avoid the '20 questions' before
someone hits on what you're really asking.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???