[exim] Changing SMTP ports and Sender/Receiver verify stops …

Author: exim
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Changing SMTP ports and Sender/Receiver verify stops working!
Today I added port 26 to my exim server using the daemon_smtp_ports option
in the configuration file. I did this because some traveling salesmen can
not send email on port 25 from their laptops to my server (yes it was a COX
issue).

Now all attempts fail, and it appears to happen during the sender and
receiver verification. When a smtp session comes in using port 26, is exim
performing all of it's verification calls using port 26 also? If it is, is
there a way around this? I don't want to turn off my receipient and sender
verifications.

Thank You,

Terry Shows
USA