Re: [exim] Last Config Issue

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Last Config Issue
Shine, Gary wrote:
> [...]

Gary,

'Side issue' entirely - but are you sure you really WANT a 'catch all' address?

Most of us gave them up for dead ages ago on the grounds that all they received
was tons of dictionary-attack spam.

Legit senders who perhaps mis-keyed a user's name are better served with an
immediate rejection message so they *know* the message did not go through and
address is flawed.

A catchall hides that - potentially 'forever'.

JM2CW,

Bill