Re: [exim] Defining "Virtual"

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Defining "Virtual"
Marc Haber wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:39:27 +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme
> <kjetilho@???> wrote:
>> the EximWiki isn't your (or anyone else's) personal soap box, get off
>> it,
>
> Thanks for your encouragement.
>
> I have removed the offending page from the exim wiki as requested and
> will not bother again with supplying information there.
>
> Anybody willing to adopt the Debian package? I've had enough.
>
> Kind regards
> Marc

Marc,

(pardon - but ISTR I cannot reach you OFF LIST)

I don't think anyone here wants you to go away mad - or even go away at all.

But the 'support' role - fee or free - requires a distinct set of personality
traits, among them a thick skin, enormous patience, and the ability to eat crow
and make oneself believe it tastes like chicken cordon bleu.

Technical expertise is actually secondary.

'Most useful' if you can find a way to pass the baton w/r answering questions in
re the Debian Exim to someone less 'intense' about it, then remain a contributor
of technical expertise - where you don't have to directly deal with the newbies
and such. If you so choose.

Otherwise, that whole project may very well become 'orphaned' - which could
create even more frustration.

Best wishes,

Bill

PS. 'virtual' simply means 'the next word is a lie'.

Deal with it that way, find out what kind of lie, and there are fewer surprises.