Re: [exim] Forwarding ALL local e-mail to a specific externa…

Author: Amos Shapira
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forwarding ALL local e-mail to a specific external user
On 27/01/07, Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:

> Why should gmail ignore the envelope and pay attention to some message
> header?

You are right, I ment the other way around...

Are you sure, that the envelope is changed? Or does your machine just
> try to deliver the *original* message to gmail.
>
> In case auf doubt you could try sending a message like this:
>
>     echo hallo | exim4 -v -f sender@???  root

Without touching my configuration, mail to plain "root" started to be
transferred correctly to my gmail account. I didn't even have to use the
"-f" flag. Don't know what changed.

Something else came up while I was looking at the log files which I'll ask
in a separate thread.

Thanks,

--Amos