Re: [exim] Local delivery fine but remote fails.

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: gshine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Local delivery fine but remote fails.
On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 11:54 -0500, Shine, Gary wrote:
> Many thanks - I managed to find that at
> http://www.tty1.net/stuff/exim4.conf-vdomains2
>
> Did I miss that somehow. It might make sense to have this generated in the
> config and commented to avoid people struggling with this.

The default config *is* commented, and includes exactly that router.
Lord only knows what variation you're using if it was missing and
uncommented. If you're using Debian, you need to refer to the package
README which points you to specific Debian-related support resources.

If you're not, then please refer to http://www.exim.org/ and RTM there -
it's the canonical source of *all* Exim documentation.

In the specific case you mentioned above, you'll find the router
explained here:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch17.html

And several simple config exmaples are available, not least here:

http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/135/39/

But the best one is the default config supplied with Exim itself.

Graeme