Re: [exim] [OT] Why att.net has DNS failure?

Author: Bill Moseley
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [OT] Why att.net has DNS failure?
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 04:48:05PM -0500, Dave Lugo wrote:
> I doubt att cares about forward/reverse matching on a destination
> they mail to.

Ya, seems like it would be common for reverse to not match.

> It's more likely some network issue or firewall entry (perhaps at att's
> end) means they can't get to the NSen for whmoseley.com. Which are both
> in the same /24.

That would be my guess. Maybe one of att.net's machines has cached a
real dsn failure an has not refreshed.

Being on the same subnet is not great (it was a temporary setup I
forgot about about a year ago!) but this one user is the only person
they are having problems with and it's been going on for a month.

Odd.

I figure the chances of getting any response form postmaster@???
is slim.

Thanks for the help,