Re: [exim-dev] [Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender]

On 25 Jan 2007, at 15:24, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> Nothing is impossible, but I don't know... As a comparison, Debbugs
> (the bug tracking system used by Debian) has the advantage that there
> are no user accounts at all - everyone can create and manipulate bug
> reports freely, which works amazingly well AFAIK. I'm not concerned
> that the Bugzilla will get swamped with spam - all mail addresses are
> obfuscated in the archives - but new user accounts might get created
> by mistake if someone accidentally users the wrong address to send
> mail from.

The per bug email addresses are relatively obscure. It would, in some
ways be nice to have direct email submission into bugzilla (I seem to
keep copying mirror requests into BZ at present, and it can be
frustrating that I can't set the Cc on the bugs to include the original
requester because they have no account) - however this would tend to be
more spam attractive (due to the single target address).

     Nigel.