Re: [exim] Exim's default Received: header format

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Magnus Holmgren
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim's default Received: header format
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> This usually looks nice, but I would like a line break after the semicolon if
> $received_for is empty. How come the semicolon and timestamp isn't part of
> received_header_text? Appending "; $tod_full" or ";\n $tod_full" would be
> easy.

I am not going to get involved in the general discussion, but I will
state that the reason it is the way it is is because I thought it was
simpler to add the semicolon and timestamp automatically so as to be
absolutely sure it was always there, and in the correct format. This was
in the early days, when there was less to put into Received: (before
AUTH, before TLS).