Re: [exim] host use tsl on port 25?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] host use tsl on port 25?
Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@???> (Di 23 Jan 2007 18:36:47 CET):
> Hello,
>
> I notice that quite a few hosts today try to start TSL session with my
> server while I am trying to deliver mail to them (remote delivery not
> smarthost service).

If you're delivering, that you're the client, remote site is the server.
Starting TLS is up to the client, on port 25 the server may just offer
TLS. (Sending to port 465 normally implies establishing the TLS
right after the TCP connect.)

> Here's a snippet from the session (the real size of the message to be sent
> is 5KB, don't know where 10905190 is taken from):

The remote site is willing to accept maximum 10905190 bytes.
The session here is showing you as a client, isn't it? (While talking
to lists.lc-words.com.)

>   SMTP>> EHLO lists.lc-words.com
> waiting for data on socket
> read response data: size=75
>   SMTP<< 250-ESMTP Server Ready
>          250-SIZE 10905190
>          250-DSN
>          250-STARTTLS
>          250 TLS
> 157.150.184.102 in hosts_avoid_tls? no (option unset)
>   SMTP>> STARTTLS
> waiting for data on socket
> read response data: size=37
>   SMTP<< 220 Server ready Ready to start TLS
> Initialized TLS
> Calling SSL_connect
> SSL info: before/connect initialization
> SSL info: before/connect initialization
> SSL info: SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
> selecting on subprocess pipes
> selecting on subprocess pipes

Where do you see the problem?
How does the problem appear? Relavant log entries would be helpful.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -