Re: [exim] [WAY offtopic] Backup: Copy MYSQL Directory or us…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: altendew
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] [WAY offtopic] Backup: Copy MYSQL Directory or use MysqlDump
On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 04:18:18PM -0800, altendew said:

> I want to create a backup for my MySQL database every single night.
>
> I am currently running on a linux box. I have a backup drive located as
> /backup
>
> Would it be more effecient to use mysqldump tool, or use the unix command
> "dump or cp"

I think you hit the wrong mailing list there. This is the Exim, not
MySql mailing list.

But to answer your question, did you try the manual?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/disaster-prevention.html

Unless you stop the mysql server, you can't just copy the files and be
sure that you have a consistant / working backup.