Re: [exim] Exim apparently not dealing with rogue messages w…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Robert Bannocks
To: exim-users, Philip Hazel
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim apparently not dealing with rogue messages with long lines
The messages almost certainly existed on the system while 4.22 was in
operation. During the messages' life on the system exim was upgraded to
4.65. I am sure I ran the tests on the upgraded exim. I will put the
messages back into the queue and see what happens and get back to you if
necessary. Do you want me to send further replied to the list or
yourself?

RB

with
> long lines
>
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Robert Bannocks wrote:
>
> > I have the attached messages in an exim queue. They are being

processed
> > by a filter file and failing. They have very long subject lines in

them
> > the exim filter below is being invoked to filter these. I do not
> > believe there is anything wrong with this. Clearly there is some

loop
> > here but still exim appears to bail out with the following error in

the
> > panic log:
> >

> > 2007-01-08 14:01:33 1H2arn-0002U3-00 internal problem in userfilter
> > router (recipient is majord@???): failure to transfer

data
> > from subprocess: status=0000 readerror='Error 0'
>
> I am unable to reproduce this problem.
>
> > This is with exim-4.65
>
> Are you sure? One of the -H files you attach contains this:
>
> 198P Received: from mailserver.nhm.ac.uk ([157.140.2.2]
> helo=jess.nhm.ac.uk)
>         by newt.nhm.ac.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.12)
>         id 1H2arn-0002U3-00
>         for majordomo@???; Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:15:19 +0000
> 172P Received: from zeta.sitelutions.com ([69.5.81.43])
>         by jess.nhm.ac.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.22)
>         id 1H2apn-0005tk-BU
>         for majordomo@???; Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:13:15 +0000
> 145P Received: from scc by zeta.sitelutions.com with local (Exim 4.52)
>         id 1H2apn-0000Uf-0d
>         for majordomo@???; Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:13:15 -0500
> 047  X-Boxtrapper: uL8tYhi0cwrL0B4wiIW7U4QN2p9ilVj6

> I don't see 4.65 in there - the Exim that is processing this message
> is 4.12, unless you have been removing or modifying Received: headers.
> I have searched the ChangeLog for anything that might relate to this,
> and I found the following for 4.14:
>
> 79. A "mail" command in a filter could cause a crash if the list of
> recipients
>     for the "to:" line was excessively long - this showed up in a

reply to
>     a message with a ridiculously long Reply_to: header line.

> It could be that an excessively long Subject: line did something
> similar.
>
> Please double check the version of Exim that you are using. If it

really
> is 4.12 then I suggest you upgrade. If it somehow is 4.65 (which in

any