Re: [exim] exim4 redirect

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: Exim, Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim4 redirect
On 23/01/07, Nathan Ridge <ridgey@???> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Previously with Exim 3.x I was using a director such as :
>
> redirect:
> driver = smartuser
> local_parts = user
> domains = domain.com
> new_address = newuser@???
>
> to take certain users from certain domains and redirect to a different
> username and domain completely.
>
> I have been playing around with something that will do the same thing in
> Exim4.
>
> Is a router the best way to do this? or is there an easier better method?

A router is the only way to do it - what form your router should take
depends on a combination of how flexible you want it to be, how often
you're likely to want to update it, and how many different entries
there are likely to be.

A direct equivalent of your old director is:

new_router:
driver = redirect
local_parts = user
domains = domain.com
data = newuser@???

If you end up creating more than one or two of these, you probably
want to generalise the functionality and use external lookups, which
can be flat files, dbm files, MySQL databases, and more.

See

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch22.html
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html

Peter