Re: [exim] Mail Queue at 20,000 suggestions

Página Inicial
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Mail Queue at 20,000 suggestions
On Monday 22 January 2007 18:14, altendew wrote:
> I am currently running Exim 4, and our mail queue has over 20,000 e-mails
> so we deleted them all. That is a big number for our server to hold. Is
> there any way to disable the mail queue OR make it sit in the mail queue
> for a number of tries.
>
> Maybe have it try to send out 2 more times, and if it doesnt delete it from
> the queue?

First of all, are all of those real messages or undeliverable bounces to spam?
If the latter, you should make sure that you reject unknown recipients at
SMTP time first.

If that's not it, there are a number of knobs you can turn.

You can change the default retry rule so that Exim gives up quicker. Look
for "begin retry" in the configuration file. The default rule looks something
like this:

*                      *           F,2h,30m; G,16h,2h,1.5; F,4d,8h

You could change "4d" to "3d" for example. See chapter 32 of the specification
for more details.

You can also adjust the ignore_bounce_errors_after and timeout_frozen_after.
See chapter 14 for more details.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)