[exim] :fail: & :blackhole: implementation

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael L Griffin
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] :fail: & :blackhole: implementation
Greetings all

I have an old exim3 system I want to upgrade - works beautifully and
I love it but time to upgrade as I need to add a few things once I get
exim4 to work for me the way I like it.

First off, I am a noob when it comes to exim ACLs and everything I
have managed to put together I have have gleened from friends,
colleagueas and the net - so example solutions and verbose
explanations would be greatly appreciated!

The setup I am using for exim4 for based on ECM2 from
http://maxo.captainnet.net/ecm2/index.html . Nicely put together using
MySQL and with a basic web interface for easy admin. Tis not a 100%
fit but close enough so only need to modify a few bits, most of which
I can handle but this I where my question comes in :

1) From my reading on the archives, :blackhole: is only taken into
account after processing the mail which is a waste of resources. Is
there a way to blackhole directly after receipt before processing?

2) On my exim3 system, I can fail a message with a custom fail message eg :
:fail: Sue has left - please speak to Mary
This would generate a 550 with the specified message. On the Exim4
system, it generates teh 550 but ignores the message so a generic 550
is received and the custom message is ignored. How do I get the
:fail: bounce to include the custom message?

As an aside - would it be possible to change the bounce subject? If so, how?

Too keep the email small, I have uploaded my config file & SQL schema to
http://www.creatronic.com/tmp_out/exim4.conf
http://www.creatronic.com/tmp_out/mail_db.sql

Shout out to all I have not chatted too in the last 2 years
(unsubscribed when I changed jobs 2 years ago)

--
 _______________________________________
( R e g a r d s                         )
(                                       )
( M i c h a e l  L  G r i f f i n       )
( michael@???                )
( http://www.griffin.org.za             )
( Fax : +27 86 670 8945                 )
( Cel : +27 83 462 0462                 )
(                                       )
( Next step in OS evolution is found on )
( the command line...                   )
(                       .: L I N U X :. )
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \