Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Aan: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain
On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 18:54 +0000, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 13:23 -0500, Shine, Gary wrote:
> > Can I upgrade in parallel i.e Leave the existing in place and install/test
> > the latest version and put live at my leisure?
>
> Hrm... it depends. The configuration is not transportable between major
> versions, so a direct replacement is a no-no. You'd have to do quite a
> bit of work to convert from a v2 config to v4 as a vast number of new
> features have been added, and (probably) "old ways" changed.

we converted from 2.12 to 4.14 in the Autumn of 2003, we never used Exim
3. there are conversion scripts from r2 to r3, and from r3 to r4. they
did nice job of taking the drudgery out of the work. of course you
still have to read through the configuration afterwards and understand
what every line does.

--
Kjetil T.