Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Safe Hosts per domain
On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 13:23 -0500, Shine, Gary wrote:
> Can I upgrade in parallel i.e Leave the existing in place and install/test
> the latest version and put live at my leisure?

Hrm... it depends. The configuration is not transportable between major
versions, so a direct replacement is a no-no. You'd have to do quite a
bit of work to convert from a v2 config to v4 as a vast number of new
features have been added, and (probably) "old ways" changed.

> In fairness 2.05 is incredibly stable and been working perfectly for years.

Yes, but it's also incredibly insecure in comparison to the latest
version (4.66) and liable to do silly things, like arbitrary relaying
and accept'n'bounce, for example.

Are you *absolutely* sure that you're running Exim v2.05, or is it
something else v2.05 which includes Exim? I find it very difficult to
believe that there are any v2.anything systems out there these days.

Graeme