Re: [exim] Poor Man's Low Tech Greylist

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Poor Man's Low Tech Greylist
On Sunday 21 January 2007 01:59, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Jeremy Harris wrote:
> > Marc Perkel wrote:
> >> Takes a few minutes to set and the spam goes away
> >
> > ... until the IP for your never-accepting MX drops
> > of the lists of IPs they have as "known to accept mail".
> >
> > - Jeremy
>
> What are you talking about?

I think he's referring to the fact that some people have reported how one or
more of their servers continue getting spam for domains for which said
servers haven't been listed as MX for for ages, indicating that at least
spammers keep their own list of MXs with each domain instead of querying the
DNS for that information every time.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)