Re: [exim] Deliver e-mails into folders

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Deliver e-mails into folders
On 20/01/07, Yves Goergen <nospam.list@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup Exim 4.6 on my server for virtual hosting. That means that
> everything comes from a database, domains, accounts, passwords,
> maildirs, spam filter options. The mail itself is stored in maildirs in
> a common directory. The mail users don't have read or write access to
> that directory, only the Exim server has (and Courier-IMAP/POP3). Spam
> is blocked at SMTP level when it exceeds a certain score (defined per
> mailbox/forward). Everything works quite nice so far.
>
> What I now want to do is delivering incoming mail in subfolders of the
> INBOX. E.g. if the subject contains "daily report", the message should
> be directly moved into the mailbox's INBOX.Reports folder.
>
> It looks like that works with Exim filter files, but where should I
> store them and how can they be used for virtual mail users?

Although the classic way of running user filters is to store them in
files, you don't have to do it that way - you can have a redirect
router which (for example) checks the database to see if a virtual
user's 'filter enabled' flag is set, and then fetches the user's
filter data from the database also.

eg

virtual_filter:
driver = redirect
domains = <something relevant>
allow_filter
condition = SQL_TO_CHECK_FILTER_ENABLED_FOR_THIS_RECIPIENT
data = SQL_TO_FETCH_FILTER_DATA

How you let your users update their own filter information is then up
to you, but you just need to finish up with a valid filter (which
starts '#Exim Filter\n') in the database.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???