Re: [exim] Deliver e-mails into folders

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Sherman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Deliver e-mails into folders
Yves Goergen wrote:

> It looks like that works with Exim filter files, but where should I
> store them and how can they be used for virtual mail users? Another
> option I was thinking at is using pipe processes that take the actual
> delivery into a local folder. But that would take half the work of an
> MTA or so...
>
> Any suggestions on how this could work the easiest way? Would be cool if
> users could somehow set their forwarding rules themselves. I have a web
> interface where they can manage their accounts, so I could add a script
> that works on local filter files as far as they're automatically
> interpretable. My users surely don't want to see raw filter files.
> (Maybe that would be a security issue, too.)

Exim's filter files are designed for exactly that purpose. That's why
the filter language is documented in a separate file from the spec --
you can distribute that file to your users, so they can edit their own
filters.

Given that all the domain and user data is already in a database for
your site, the easiest thing is probably to put the user filters in the
database, too.

- Marc