[exim] Deliver e-mails into folders

Góra strony
Autor: Yves Goergen
Dla: exim
Temat: [exim] Deliver e-mails into folders
Hi,

I have setup Exim 4.6 on my server for virtual hosting. That means that
everything comes from a database, domains, accounts, passwords,
maildirs, spam filter options. The mail itself is stored in maildirs in
a common directory. The mail users don't have read or write access to
that directory, only the Exim server has (and Courier-IMAP/POP3). Spam
is blocked at SMTP level when it exceeds a certain score (defined per
mailbox/forward). Everything works quite nice so far.

What I now want to do is delivering incoming mail in subfolders of the
INBOX. E.g. if the subject contains "daily report", the message should
be directly moved into the mailbox's INBOX.Reports folder.

It looks like that works with Exim filter files, but where should I
store them and how can they be used for virtual mail users? Another
option I was thinking at is using pipe processes that take the actual
delivery into a local folder. But that would take half the work of an
MTA or so...

Any suggestions on how this could work the easiest way? Would be cool if
users could somehow set their forwarding rules themselves. I have a web
interface where they can manage their accounts, so I could add a script
that works on local filter files as far as they're automatically
interpretable. My users surely don't want to see raw filter files.
(Maybe that would be a security issue, too.)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>