Re: [exim] readsocket

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Dan_Mitton
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] readsocket
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:

> No, I am not seeing anything in the logs.

Odd.

> it looks like if I provide an error expansion string {socket-error}, that
> it doesn't generate the error. If I don't provide the error expansion
> string (so that I'll get the error) how can I tell (in the code) if the
> readsocket is failing?

As I said, if your readsocket expansion is in an ACL, the failure of the
expansion should cause the running of the ACL to result in an error
exit, and as a consequence, Exim should log something.

I realize that you said this was intermittent, but I think the only way
we are going to get anywhere with this is to try to reproduce it in an
ACL with debugging turned on so we can get more information about what
is going on. Is is possible for you to set up up tests with -bh, for
example?

(I'm afraid I'm off for the weekend now.)