Re: [exim] Documentation for "decode"

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Documentation for "decode"
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Dave Evans wrote:

> The documentation for the ACL "decode" feature looks like it could do with
> improving. In places, it is listed as a modifier; in other places, it is
> listed as a condition (but nowhere, AFAICT, does it state what that condition
> actually returns).

You are right. I thought of it as a modifier, but I've just looked at
Tom's code, and it seems that if there is a decoding failure, it might
act like a condition. Are you there, Tom? What was your intention for
the behaviour of "decode"?

> From a quick glance at the source, it looks like it's actually a condition,
> and it fails if decoding is explicitly disabled (e.g. the RHS expands to "0");
> defers if, say, the disk filled up; or succeeds if decoding was requested, and
> was successful. Does that sound about right?

My reading of the documentation made me believe otherwise, but looking
at the code, I agree with you.

I'll wait for Tom's comments, and fix the doc for the next release.