Re: [exim] Connection Count

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Perkel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Connection Count
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> > but that's rather long. Maybe smtp_count_at_connection_start might do.
> >
> > The *current* connection count is held only by the daemon process.
> >

> Phil, I see your concern. However I think that disclaimer should be in
> the docs

Ha! Whoever reads the docs?

I agree that an approximation could well be useful, but I am sure that
people would expect a variable called connection_count to be the real
connection count. SMTP sessions can easily last for minutes, so the
value could be very wrong by the time it is used. That's why I want to
make sure the name indicates that there is something anomalous about
this value.