Re: [exim] Migrate from exim 3.4 to 4

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Migrate from exim 3.4 to 4
On 18/01/07, Thunderbird <jgaffney@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to exim and have a project I need to complete. What I need to do
> it migrate an old exim 3.4 to a new server with exim 4.62

There wasn't a 3.4 version - 3.36 was the last 3.x. It does matter
which 3.x you have, because there are extra steps if you have < 3.33.

> I currently have exim 4.62 installed on a new gentoo server.
>
> I need the configs to be identical and move all the users email over. Could
> someone point me to any documentation for this if there is any. Or give me
> some hints on what the process will take?

To start with, have you read the documentation which came in your Exim tarball?

doc/Exim4.upgrade

Depending on how complex your setup is, it may be simpler to start
again with the default 4.x config.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer