Re: [exim] exim log rollover

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Renaud Allard
A: jean-paul natola
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim log rollover

jean-paul natola wrote:

>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > Recently my exim logs have stopped rolling over at night -
>> >
>> > I have been running them manually- newsyslog -F
>> >
>> > any ideas as to what would cause this behavior ?
>> >

> I have just noticed something - they logs are rolloing over every 7
> days -(panic reject main)
>
> where would I modify that parameter?

The best way to roll out exim logs is to add this kind of line to the
crontab:
0       0       *       *       *       /usr/local/exim/exicyclog
Your path to exicyclog may vary.

If you use newsyslog for rotating exim logs, you probably have lines
like this one in your /etc/newsyslog.conf
/var/log/exim/mainlog          640  20    *    $W0D0 ZB
The $W0D0 variable is when the logs are rotated, but if you really want
to use newsyslog to rotate exim logs, you really have to read newsyslog
man pages to understand the rotation rules.

Honestly, I'd suggest you to use exicyclog in crontabs.