Re: [exim] exim log rollover

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim log rollover
On 18/01/07, jean-paul natola <jnatola@???> wrote:

> >jean-paul natola wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > Recently my exim logs have stopped rolling over at night -
> > >
> > > I have been running them manually- newsyslog -F
> > >
> > > any ideas as to what would cause this behavior ?
> > >

> I have just noticed something - they logs are rolloing over every 7 days
> -(panic reject main)
>
> where would I modify that parameter?

If you're not using exicyclog, then you're not using Exim's built-in
log rotation facility. In which case - you need to consult the
documentation for whatever it is you are using.

If you are, which seems unlikely from previous posts in this thread,
then the frequency of rollover is controlled by how often exicyclog is
called - generally from cron.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer