[exim] Help with a relay configuration

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mbneto
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Help with a relay configuration
Hi,

I am trying to setup one machine to act as a 'special' mx/relay.

This machine would
a) receive the connections (I'd set up as my MX for my hosted domains)
b) use DNSBL, SpamAssassin to determine if the message should be delivered
c) discover if the recipient is routeable (is 'exists locally' or is a
remote address)
d) deliver de message to the remote address

I use 'locally' because I'd not actually have the mailbox local, instead the
MX would relay the message to a remote machine which will actually have the
maildir.

the algorithm
- resolve the recipient's address
- is it local? (i.e the @domain is considered local)
- yes
    - does it exists?
       - yes. relay to remote server
       - no. return message
- no
    - deliver (or try to) to the MX server of the domain

The MX server would be located in a facility with a "lot" of bandwidth and
the remote one in another facility with a smaller bandwidth.

I already know how to set up a MX server with DNSBL and spamassasin. I am
having problems trying to figure out how to find if the user exists and how
to set this 'fixed' relay for those cases.

Any ideas?