Re: [exim] Logging syntax and protocol errors

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Neil Youngman
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Logging syntax and protocol errors
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007, Neil Youngman wrote:

> I see that syntax and protocol errors are not logged by default and I
> was wondering why this is?

They came along later. It might have been different had they been there
at the start.

> In my opinion this is unhelpful and smtp_protocol_error and
> smtp_syntax_error should be part of the defaults for option
> log_selector.

Changing this in the code might make a lot of sites' log files suddenly
jump hugely in size - a lot of ratware makes these errors and not all
sites want to log them all all the time.

I suppose adding a log_selector to the default configuration so that new
sites get these options might arguably be reasonable.

For myself, I'm loath to change, for compatibility reasons. What do
other people think?