Re: [exim] readsocket

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Dan_Mitton
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] readsocket
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I am trying to use readsocket in an ACL (below).
> This code snippet is from an example way of implementing SPF within Exim.
> With your example, does the expansion result in "Failed: ..." or is that
> just an error message output somewhere?

The expansion does not result in "Failed: ...". The expansion fails, and
it leaves the error "failed to connect.." in a variable. The output you
see in my test is written by the -be processing code.

> Are the exact failure messages documented somewhere?

The one in my example is the output from strerror(errno), so is a
standard system message. I think most of the socket errors are of this
type.

> Would using an inet socket would better?

Dunno, I'm afraid.

>     warn     set acl_m9  = ${readsocket{/tmp/spfd}\

If the readsocket expansion fails, Exim should set up a message for
logging, containing the text "failed to expand ACL string ... <details>"

Which ACL is this called from? Looking at the code, it should return an
error indication from the attempt to run the ACL, and this should
normally show the message.