Re: [exim] I can't rceive emails form server

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users @ exim. org
CC: Alex
Subject: Re: [exim] I can't rceive emails form server
Alex wrote:
> On of my friends can't send me emails.
>
> This is the reject message of my server
>
> 2007-01-15 23:31:47 rejected HELO from
> 22.red-213-97-32.staticip.rima-tde.net [213.97.32.22]: syntactically invalid
> argument(s): SERVIDOR_LH3.figueres.org

The _ is an illegal character. Get him (or the administrator of that
system) to change the HELO name provided by his server
(SERVIDOR_LH3.figueres.org). Thanks to Micro$uck for that common error.

Of course, you could add _ as an acceptable character in your exim
config and then provide a whitelisting facility that only allows servers
that have contacted you to pass through.

Someone on the list provided this one a long time ago:

# in common configu
helo_allow_chars = _

# in RCPT acl on my system.. they had theirs HELO acl I think.
# I also have a postmaster accept before this.. so they can contact me
   deny      message     = syntactically invalid argument(s): \
       $sender_helo_name http://www.linuxwan.net/email/underscore.html
             hosts       = !+relay_from_hosts : *
             condition   = \
               ${if \