Re: [exim] Test suite on OSX

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ian Eiloart
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Test suite on OSX

--On 12 January 2007 13:58:13 +0000 Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> Yes, I know that's the intent, and I wanted to build a suite of tests
>> for my configuration. I've tried building scripts to do this in the
>> past, but I thought I might be able to use the testsuite architecture
>> to make this easier.
>
> Oh, I see. Well, it should be easy enough to add a test of your own if
> you can figure out how it all hangs together. If you add, say, test
> number 999 then you can just do "runtest 999" and ignore the others.

I'm getting the hang of this now. I've created a MacPorts installer, which
makes me a copy of the test suite minus all the tests. I found a few
problems doing this:

1. The build would have been easier if the Makefile supported 'make
install'.
2. It would be nice to be able to specify a group to use. Normally I run
exim under group 'mail', so I had to create the group 'exim'.
3. Having removed all the tests, I found that runtests fails if there is no
test '0000'. I had been hoping to avoid creating name conflicts.
4. I'm using Exim with spamc and spamd using a unix socket. runtests
couldn't find spamd.
5. To avoid name conflicts, it would be nice to have a reserved range of
test numbers, perhaps starting at 10,000. I've decided to use 6xxx for my
MX config and 7xxx for my MSA config.
6. It would be nice to be able to configure a default binary to use. I
wasn't able to figure out where runtests is looking for the binary - I
assumed it was looking for ../exim/bin/exim
7. I'll usually want to run my tests all on the same config file, so it
would be easier to specify a default config file. Otherwise, I can just
create tons of links, I suppose.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex