Re: [exim] Greylisting algorithms after end of DATA

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: Peter Bowyer
CC: Exim, Users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Greylisting algorithms after end of DATA
On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 16:20 +0000, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> But for most people, running SA is the most expensive test they do,
> and they move it to last place in the chain for this reason.
> Greylisting is seen as a cheap way of turning away likely spam without
> having to go to the expense of content-scanning it.

Personally I like to greylist _after_ SA. Mail with zero SA points
doesn't get greylisted (unless it commits other offences).

You don't need magic support in SA-Exim for this; it's all perfectly
achievable in normal ACLs -- and you can play with whatever tuples you
want for the greylist database. Personally I don't like to use the
sending host, since retries may come from another machine. I use
{sender,recipients,message-id} but I do _store_ the host, because the
original host needs to be whitelisted so that we never greylist mail
from it again -- even if it does send its retries via another route.

--
dwmw2