Re: [exim] Virtual users HowTo! I did it no MySql No LDAP

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ahmad Sabry
Para: Sander Smeenk, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Virtual users HowTo! I did it no MySql No LDAP
Thanx Sander , Sorry Marc's if i was rude in my last message .. maybe i was
unclear.
anyway... i'm still a baby linux user (i'm 44 days old :-) .. & i just
started last month.
1- first of all .. i used http://koivi.com/exim4-config/ website as a guide
in setting up virtual domains ... coz our EXIM4 server will host multiple
domains .. this is easy (thanks Google) & it worked fine but with system
users ... i was happy with this i'll just deny their accounts logining to my
server & done. so the problem of repeating the user name wil not be found as
i said in the second message sales@??? will differ from
sales@??? because i used system account for the first like
(sales.yah) & the second (sales.hot) like that... so i'm not worry about
using the local system accounts with Virtual Domains .. that's what i meant
.. & this is a copy of one of my virtual domain file to be more clear:
===== Cairo.com V.Domain file:
sabry@???: sabry.cai@localhost
=====Alex.com V.Domain file:
sabry@???: sabry.alex@localhost
=====
i wish you get what i wrote now !!

on the other hand i should keep searching for using non system users
(virtual users) but i found it would be hard to me .(because i want it
integrates with IMAP & POP). so i found vexim ((coz as i read it will enable
me to delegate the control of mailboxes to clients & this is very nice.))
but it have alot to do to let it run .. 1 hour i was able to make it runing
.. but still having problem in login ing to the interface ... i'm not so
experienced with MySql just basic T-SGL i've.
but i think i've to enter new domain & new users .. but there's already
siteadmin account but @ [] what should i put ? & what password should i use
?.. i'm using MySql4 PHP4 & webmin-mysql on Debian Sarge stable version.
so .. my problem now is the logging to the interface of vexim...
2- another problem IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE we've an exchange server which
our boss wants it down because of the costs he is paying to Microsoft
so Linux is what he is dreaming about .. everything for free .. I NEED TO
MOVE EXCHANGE 2003 MAILBOXES to EXIM4 .. i made alot of google search but no
way ... is it possible ? then where should i read about this ? .. i think i
may need some IMAP commands to push the mails from exchange to EXIM4 ... am
i right ?
thanks for reading
Ahmad Sabry
Egypt