Re: [exim] How to allow delimiter characters in delimited st…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marc Haber
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] How to allow delimiter characters in delimited strings?
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:56:46 +0000, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???>
wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>> hostname:username:cleartext-password
>>
>> so that ${extract{1}{:} can be used to obtain the user name and
>> ${extract{2}{:} yields the cleartext password.
>>
>> While defining this, we didn't think of user names and passwords
>> containing colons :-(
>
>You could transform the original name (etc) when building your
>file, converting ":" to, say, "|" and an original "|" to "||".
>Then after the extract, "||" back to "|" and "|" followed by anything
>but "|" back to ":".

The file is hand-edited by the end user, and I'd like to avoid having
directions like this in the end-user docs. It would be great to have
something like ${extract{2:999}{:}, giving out fields 2 to 999 of the
string.

Greetings
Marc