Re: [exim] Exim SPAM control DNSBL

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: Juha Saarinen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim SPAM control DNSBL

Juha Saarinen wrote:
> On 1/12/07, Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:
>> I wouldn't block in the connect ACL, because first they do not see that
>> you do not like them (most MTA are not aware of a 5xx response to the
>> connect. And 2nd, they can't send you a mail to your postmaster account
>> to complain.
>>
>> I'd to it in the rcpt ACL, as it is done in the example configs.
>
> Thanks, I'll give that a try. That said, just about all the blocked
> hosts are zombies and/or otherwise spammer controlled senders, and I
> can't see that they would care much about niceties like the above :)

Also the problems I can see when you block on connect is that you can
never guess if the mail was a legitimate or not because the only data
you've got is the IP of the sender. You never know for sure it's a
zombie and if it's not, you have no way guessing and the sender has no
means to know why you are unreachable because the sender MTA doesn't
report the error correctly or in a meaningful way.