Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?

Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?
On 2007-01-11 Daniel Tiefnig <exim@???> wrote:
[...]
> If the Debian people will activate this switch at least in their -heavy
> package, I'd second that. Andreas, do you think you can bear the risk?
> At least with the above modification? I'm not sure whether I would.

I don't think we would enable this (unless it is enabled by default
upstream), since it is a controversial feature with Phil's opinion in
a rather definite direction. (I am giving Phil's opinion big weight
for the simple reason that he knows a lot more about the issue.)

However, the ultimate decision would be Marc's not mine, since he is
doing almost the whole work for exim packagin nowadays.
cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute