Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?
Michael Haardt wrote:
>> Perhaps the resolution is to add the option, but require a compile
>> time configuration to include the feature.

Maybe the no-fsync stuff should be limited to non-daemon mode operation?
I think "exim -qff" would do the trick for Michael, (and for me)
wouldn't it? Michael?
That would at least prevent people from running "exim -bd" or "-q5m"
ordinarily. We could just ignore the no-fsync option or abort during
startup.

> Thanks, that sounds like a perfect solution to me. :)

If the Debian people will activate this switch at least in their -heavy
package, I'd second that. Andreas, do you think you can bear the risk?
At least with the above modification? I'm not sure whether I would.

lg,
daniel