Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-dev
Asunto: Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?
> Errrrrr. I am somewhat concerned about your last statement. I run the
> mail system for the University here, which isn't really a big site, but
> we see over a million attempts to deliver mail a day which translates
> into about 46,000 real mail messages after greylisting.

Are that the two servers multiplexing your traffic between inside and
out? 46,000 messages/day are around 30 messages/minute total average and
probably 60-90 messages/minute peak, and that's two machines in total? I
see. I run as low as 400 messages/minute, peak being 1500/minute - on a
single node. I know I can reach 2000-2200, if needed. The systems for
internal delivery run at 100-200 messages/minute when operating regularly.

> I have tried to run a mail system in the way that you are trying to and
> I'm very happy that we have the resources here to run ours with lots of
> spare capacity because it makes my life simpler.

I sure wouldn't mind a few hundred systems more to make my life simple. ;-)
But as I said: Only small sites can afford that.

Michael