Re: [exim] Expansion faliure

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: Exim, Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Expansion faliure
On 10/01/07, Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@???> wrote:
> On 1/11/07, gascione <george@???> wrote:
> >
> > I am getting the following message sometimes when the HELO is checked:
> > Not all the time, just on some mail. I changed some of the obvious
> > stuff. Can somebody explain to me what is happening here and how I can
> > not defer the mail if this happens. I would rather it passed along.
> >
> > Thank You
> > GA
> >
> > 2007-01-10 17:39:16 H=vmail1.tellurian.net (vmail1.ds.tellurian.net)
> > [216.182.1.8] F=<sender@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
> > <recipient@???>: failed to expand ACL string "${if
> > match_domain{$sender_helo_name}{$primary_hostname:+local_domains:+relay_to_domains}{true}{false}}":
> > unable to complete match against
> > "mymailserver.mydomain.com:+local_domains:+relay_to_domains": DNS
> > lookup of "vmail1.ds.tellurian.net" deferred
>
> I believe this is related to the POLA-breaking change of behaviour
> introduced in Exim 4.64, and which should be remedied in 4.66... I
> hope.

I doubt it. FIrstly, 4.66 is already released so you can try it yourself.

The OP's problem is related to DNS resolution - one or more of the
domainlists in his condition contains at least one IP address, so in
order to evaluate the condition, Exim has to be able do do reverse DNS
resolution on the 'key' (the $sender_helo_name in this case) to
compare with an IP address. In the quoted case, it can't, so the ACL
defers.

At least, that's my guess - a debug session with exim -bh, using the
real HELO name and sender/recipient info should show what's happening.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???