Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: B. Johannessen
To: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [exim-dev] Old topic again: Option to avoid fsync()?
Michael Haardt wrote:
> Any other opinions than "enforce fsync, because it works for me"?

If this can be done without impacting those that doesn't want to use the
feature, I don't think there's much of an argument against it. As has
been pointed out before, Exim already gives you an almost infinite
number of ways to shoot yourself (or others) in the foot. Given that
there are legitimate use-cases for this functionality, I'd vote to
include it.

Personally I may find it useful for my spamtrap MX, which is handling
close to 200k messages/week.

    Bob