[exim] non-static qualify_domain

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Patrick von der Hagen
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] non-static qualify_domain
Hi all,

I centrally manage an exim.conf which is to be installed on different
servers in differend domains. The specific domain-name could be found in
/etc/DOMAIN on each server.

"qualify_domain = /etc/DOMAIN" would be great, but qualify_domain is not
expanded. Now it is getting sort of tricky....
Something like "qualify_domain = certainly.invalid.domain" and a rewrite
rule
"*@certainly.invalid.domain
$1@${lookup{certainly.invalid.domain}lsearch{/etc/DOMAIN.exim}}"
would work, however I'd have to guarantee that /etc/DOMAIN.exim exists
and has an entry "certainly.invalid.domain" in the first place.

Any ideas how to create a "better" setup? I could try to identify the
primary hostname and do some extraction to skip the first part, which
should usually work but a) qualify_domain still wouldn't be expanded and
b) I don't like "should usually".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
CU,